Sunday 19 May 2013

Masquerade Ball Gowns The perfect one.

                 Masquerade Ball Gowns
 

 


Masquerade balls are amazing, Picking the right ball gown and the perfect mask is the greatest thing you can do its like picking out your prom or wedding dress for the first time. Most Women or Young girls are picking out modern dresses, Some even pick out really short dresses and just wear a mask but why? Masquerade balls where established in the 15th Century they where so big then, all women with big fancy dresses like Elizabethan times or Marie Antoinette wore the outrageous dresses with big curly hair also lovely masks they where pretty though I gotta admit that. I am having a Masquerade Ball for my 21st Birthday  ,I have made the dress code ball gowns only I want it the way it use to be with the long ball gowns with masks, If I could be in that period I would make sure I wore dresses like that everyday! All Ball Gowns are Different Some are Ridiculously massive some are small, but back then it was the style .

Some women love short dresses for a masquerade ball's but why? Because Masked Balls are for long Ball gowns For fun Not to ruin it with slutty dresses from the 21st century you wanna celebrate the 15th century when it was founded by King Charles of France but then it was called wild men's ball. Old Fashioned parties are the greatest parties you can go to Its like Fancy dress with masks. 

Ball Gowns Of the Elizabethan times Or Edwardian & even Victorian times are really hard to come by, I have looked everywhere for a Masquerade ball gown and I have not seen any of the ball gowns yet. So picking the right one for me or yourself it is hard. Picking the right colour the fabric and style is hard to come by. Not allot of shops or internet sites sell these dresses or even vintage shops, Some websites might Hire them for one night but why hire it when you can keep the dress and wear it to another masked ball or even a fancy dress parties! Plus size is also hard as well but you will find the right dress for you! I am going to make an old masquerade ball gown My mum & My aunt is really amazing with the sewing machine they can make anything, my mum made my dancing outfits and my aunt made lovely fancy dresses for parties when I was a kid, I am thinking More Like Princess Anastasia's Dress in the cartoon but make it more Gorgeous and change the pattern. I will let you guys know how i will get on! so here is some Dresses that were used in some periods of times for masquerade ball's. 

 


2 comments:

  1. how do I get the Marie Antoinette ballgown size 18 and how much would it cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I ended up just Hiring one, It depends where you live. I live in Scotland and I had to Order mine from England, As there is no Masquerade Dresses around, They are hard to come by. But i have found a website for you that may help. I havent got a clue how much they will cost. I am very sorry

      http://www.amasquerade.com/costumes.asp

      Kind Regards

      Kayleigh McPherson.

      Delete